Monday, 26 April 2010

September - May...Timeline.

Since September, when my work was based on female beauty, dealing with issues of pressure from ourselves, media and peers etc to be beautiful, i felt that, that topic had become stale with me and although i enjoyed the idea of it, the work wasn't moving. So i looked back on my portfolio of work, and found work from starting at LJMU and found self portraits that i used to draw. looking through this work, inspired me to go back to basics and start with me. So i began a series of finger painted self portraits, and from there an idea of advertisement and Bollywood glamour began.

i like the idea of large self portraits painted in the style of over glamorized faces advertising just pure fun and happiness. Simple. 

I'm now working on large almost life-size billboard boards of wood to complete my idea of re-creating 'Serena's Bollywood fantasy'. Celebrating everything i think is gorgeous about the silly love stories of Bollywood films.

So to cap, my work has moved from dealing with female beauty and the body, to self portraits and now to bollywood billboards. Not forgetting all the stepping stones in between. 

I'm not sure if that makes any sense at the moment....but the journeys been interesting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment