Sunday, 25 April 2010

BILLBOARD FACES

Working on small boards to practice and develop ideas for the larger final piece. 

My theme for this project, to re-cap is re-living my childhood memories of watching and falling in love with the hero's and heroines of the bollywood movie screen. Researching the films, I found new love - their hand-painted billboards. 

Heres 2 that i'm working on at the moment. don't laugh.




been awhile....


So my work on completing these Bollywood style advertisements of my childhood fantasies of Bollywood films is coming to an end. I'm working on 3boards that total to the size of 8x12...eekk!

I've been lucky and have no idea how i have managed this...but have been given permission to display my painting on Parr St. Liverpool, opposite the Monro pub....I did want this work displayed at my final exhibition but alas the space was not big enough. I'm also working on smaller pieces of wood to help my develop the 'billboard' idea...its these boards that you will see displayed for the show!!

I'll keep you updated with Parr St. 

These photos are the boards of wood i will be painting for Parr St as part of my real life Bollywood billboards.





No comments:

Post a Comment