Friday, 29 January 2010

Times are changing.

The past 3 years have been focused heavily on recreating and abstracting the female form. The reason being, so I could draw out my own feelings as a young women in my 20's, how I feel about societies role for women, and the pressure we put on ourselves and that we get from others to behave and look a certain way. However, changing and growing up as an artist, I feel my subject matter has evolved. the more I become happy and satisfied with myself the less important it becomes to try and find answers for the questions I once had.
Instead I want to look at experimenting with colours. A trip to India in February, I am hoping can help feed my new obsession. I have always been very abstract with what I have created, and although changing my concept, the use of colour in my previous work has always been very important. Keeping to the same formula as before, I aim to create large paintings, full of colour, purely for visual stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment